Translate

Tuesday 16 August 2011

The Spine Ultra race...... No turning back now !!

Hi All,

Well that's my entry confirmed for 'The Spine', Number 11 in the Elite class, and my 'Competitor Profile' is up on their website, so no going back. Not that I intended to anyway.
I can't wait to toe the Start line in January 2012. This will truly be an adventure experience of a lifetime!

Before I run The Spine there is the small matter, or rather the huge matter of completing the 208 mile Tor Des Geants, starting in less than 4 weeks. I can't believe how time flies, it only seems like yesterday when I signed up for it.
I've made contact via Facebook with a fellow British ultra runner, Mark Barnes, who is also taking part in the Tor Des Geants, so hopefully we'll meet up at registration in Courmayeur, Italy.

As part of my final preparations I'm running in the 36.5 mile Speyside Way race on the 27th August.
It's a great Ultra race for first time Ultra runners, great scenery, easy route to follow, not too long, nicely organised and good camaraderie among the runners.

Well outside right now it's great weather for ducks !! and Ultra runners in training !! Some people think I'm a little mad but I find running in the rain refreshing, and it stops me over heating. So I'm donning my wet weather gear and heading for the nearby hills to do some hill-rep training and a few core strength exercises. Better put the hot water on for when I get back !!

No comments:

Post a Comment